So, if you’re anything like me… you have a taco addiction. I love any and all tacos. I do not discriminate.
While I love the greasy tacos you get at Mexican restaurants, it’s also nice to whip up this quick and easy healthy taco recipe on those days when you just want a fast, healthy meal to enjoy!
Feel free to substitute any protein of your choice for the 99% fat free turkey. Let me know if you want my shrimp taco recipe. It’s even better than this one. *wink wink*
Anyway, let’s get into it!!
I used certain toppings to my liking, so I will list those here! Feel free to change it up, but note that the calorie content may vary.
- 16g Market Pantry Shredded Cheese
- 30g Trader Joe’s Sour Cream
- 170g Trader Joe’s 99% Ground Turkey
- 35g Trader Joe’s Chunky Guacamole
- A few drops Trader Joe’s Habanero Hot Sauce (it’s HOTTTT)
- 2 Carb Counter Tortillas
- 1 pack Market Pantry Taco Seasoning
- Handful of baby spinach (optional, but I started adding this recently to get some more greens in!)
This recipe is for 2 tacos. You will have leftover turkey meat that can feed someone else or for you to eat tomorrow!
- Brown your turkey meat at a medium-high heat until it’s fully cooked.
- Add your taco seasoning and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of water. Let this simmer on a lower heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Add your turkey meat to the tortillas and dress them up with your favorite (or my favorite) toppings!!
- Enjoy the most delicious, easy tacos you’ve ever made!
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR 2 TACOS
Macros: 19F / 38C / 54P
The amount of meat and toppings you use depends solely on your preference/goals! This is just what works for me. I currently have a goal of weight loss, and I am eating around 1600-1800 calories a day.
What is your favorite kind of taco? Leave it in the comments below, and make sure you check out the video of me making these delicious tacos!